If you are looking for a fun twist to your breakfast eggs, here’s something you should try. These egg muffins are such a nutritious alternative to the bagels, muffins, and donuts that you may normally grab with your morning coffee. I got this recipe from Deserve Better Fitness. Egg muffins are delicious and easy to prepare in advance so you can take them on the go! You can choose which vegetables, meats, or cheeses you want to add, so the variety is endless. Have fun with your flavor combinations. I did.
Chopped green onion
Chopped green chillies
2 tbsp. milk
Black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
(Your choice of chicken, other lean meats, spinach, bell peppers, ricotta cheese, etc. to taste)
– Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
– Grease your muffin tin with a nonstick cooking spray
– Add all the vegetables, meats, and cheeses of your choice to the muffin tin
– Beat the eggs and milk (optional salt and pepper) in a bowl and pour in the muffin tin
– Place muffin tin on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are light brown, fluffy, and the eggs are set
– Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before removing them from the muffin tin
– Remove the muffins with a knife if necessary and eat immediately or store in plastic bags in the refrigerator or the freezer. You can reheat them in the microwave or the oven.
Enjoy your deliciously nutritious egg muffins!
EVERY Step & EVERY Bite Counts!™