Every once in a while we need some kind of treat. Too often that’s a deep fried donut, or a brownie from your local coffee shop, or cookies from the grocery store. That’s fine sometimes, but don’t let their convenience overcome your good health. If you are seeking a sweet tooth satisfying, healthy goodie, I have a good recipe to share.
I got this recipe from Bakerita.com. These Paleo chocolate chip cookies are delicious, and use healthy alternative ingredients that won’t make your feel like you are cheating your diet. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Rachel Conners
Makes: 15 cookies
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1 egg, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon (organic) vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 & 1/4 cup (9 oz.) almond flour
• 1 cup (6 oz.) chopped dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a bowl, beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda, and add them to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap for at least one hour (can prepare up to 48 hours ahead of time).
4. After refrigerating, use a cookie scoop to form cookies and press down slightly. Bake for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet of until they are just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
Recipe by Bakerita at http://www.bakerita.com/paleo-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Photo by agraciouslife.co
EVERY Step & EVERY Bite Counts!™